- Nursery class provision with before and after school clubs and holiday care for 3 to 4 year olds.
- Children’s Centre services.
- Full childcare from 4 months to 5 years.
- Free 15 hours childcare for 2 year children.
- Resource and toy library (RATL).
- As a designated National Teaching School, we offer support and training.
- We are a Manchester Local Authority maintained provision led by a Governing Body and Headteacher.
- As a fully integrated School and Centre we have a large multi-disciplinary team and work with a wide range of partner agencies and professionals to ensure quality provision, which meets the individual needs of children and families.
Our unique provision for children
Our quality learning environment both inside and outside, provides opportunities for children to explore, create, challenge, engage and express their interests independently.
We work jointly with artists, museums and galleries to develop creative approaches to learning. This creative approach awakens curiosity and wonder, encourages exploration, develops ideas and expands on children’s interests which develop individual characteristics of learning and knowledge.
Personalised Learning - Personalising the learning journey
Getting to know the individual child and building positive relationships are paramount for their needs. Careful observations and assessments by skilled practitioners are the foundation to planning learning activities that are matched to children’s interests and stages of development, ensuring every child reaches their full potential. These are carefully captured in a variety of ways including, photographs, film and written accounts. These form the basis of our children’s records.
Parents/Carers and Community
We are committed to supporting families and have the philosophy that it is crucial to work in close partnership with parents/carers in all the work we do throughout the school and centre. Martenscroft offers a range of services, including health, care and education
opportunities which are local and accessible to all families in our community. “Parents praise the school very highly. They value the many opportunities to become informed and involved in their children's learning. Consequently, the school is much respected in the local community." (Ofsted 2014)