Vision and Ethos
“Our vision and ethos is very much centred on our agreed image of the child. At Martenscroft, this image is based on mutual respect. It is our belief that every child can teach us through child led explorations to learn and grow to become competent learners. We have high expectations for every child, regardless of need and it is our ambition for every child to succeed and be fully included in all aspects of school life.
We have collectively agreed a set of values that are important to the whole school community. These reflect our beliefs about how young children learn.
- Children are able to communicate in a range of ways. Children are encouraged to express their uniqueness.
- Children are creative thinkers who can problem solve through the possibility of endless exploration
- Children feel curious and are engaged and participate fully in their learning. They are independent learners
- Children feel secure and are comfortable in their own skin. They have close relationships with their key workers and more widely within the staff teams.
- Children develop a positive sense of belonging and are able to contribute to the whole school community
- Children are curious and are encouraged to take supported, safe risks in their learning. Children are always encouraged to have "a can do" nature”